Note: eceive "one cow and calf and one cow yearling with all her increase". In the 1715 Hyde County tax list Edmond listed only one tithable. On September 13, 1734, he sold his plantation on Slades Creek to William DAVIS, being part of the land sold to him by his brother Samuel. On February 7, 1737/38, Edmond TYSON "of Hyde Precinct, planter" bought 70 acres in Hyde Precinct on Slades Creek from Mary HILL (his mother), being where she formerly dwelt. On February 8, 1739/40, Edmond sold land on the east side of Matchepungo River to William FOSCUE of Hyde County, being theland patented by his father in 1708 (1710?). Edmond continued to buy land in Craven and Beaufort Counties, these lands were located in Pitt County when Pitt County was formed in 1760. On February 28, 1739, Edmond received a patent for 200 acres on the south side of Tar River in Beaufort County (later Pitt). In the 1755 Beaufort County tax list, Edmond TYSON was listed as having one white taxable and no male negro slaves. By deed records, Edmond was still living May 23, 1765.29 Apr 1769 | Philip Ryland (1767) => John Simpson | 120 A + 120 A; ?40. Former owners: Edmund Tison (Pat.1755), Edmund Tison, Jr. (D-1764), William Stafford (Pat. 1763) | Pitt Bk.D-117 Landpatent: Of the uncertain patents, the 1735 patent mentions Edmund Tyson, and the only Tyson patents before 1738 are east of Matchapungo River. And no Tyson patent was north of Tarr and west or near Tranter's Creek. Winifred Wilson, Seth's daughter, sold the 1735 patent in 1771 to Richard Evans. Wyriott Ormond's 1742 patent probably adjoind this one.
Note: Edmond was named in his father Mathias TYSON's Will in 1710 and was to r
RootsWeb.com is NOT responsible for the content of the GEDCOMs uploaded through the WorldConnect Program. The creator of each GEDCOM is solely responsible for its content.