Note: Court D'Ewes, eldest son of Bernard D"Ewes by his wife Ann De la Bere, succeeded to the Calwich property. He was bom in the year 1779, and had married, in 1803, Maria, daughter of Edward Ferrers, Esquire, of Baddesley Clinton, co. "Warwick, the head of an ancient family, than which few could claim higher or more illustrious descent, and which had been settled at Baddesley Clinton since the fifteenth centuiy, when Sir Edward Ferrers married the heiress of that property. On succeeding his uncle, Mr. Court D'Ewes assumed the name and arms of Granville. After a few years possession, becoming seriously embarrassed by the mismanagement of his property, and by unfortunate speculations in mines, Mr. Granville was unhappilycompelled to part with Calwich, and passed the remainder of his days at York House, Leamington, where he died the 16th of July, 1848, aged 68, and he and his widow (who died the 16 of November, 1852, aged 78) were both interred in the familyvault at Wellesbourne. Calwich Abbey was purchased by the Honourable and Very Reverend Augustus Buncombe, Dean of York, who pulled down the old mansion, and rebuilt one on a higher level, formerly occupied by stables and farm-buildings and by an ancient walled garden, which dated from the time of the monastery. Mr. and Mrs. Court Granville left issue four sons and three daughters.
RootsWeb.com is NOT responsible for the content of the GEDCOMs uploaded through the WorldConnect Program. The creator of each GEDCOM is solely responsible for its content.