Note: Dyersville: Its History and its People (Published in 1939) Frank Schultz who came to America from Paderborn, Germany, in 1846, was accompanied by his wife, nee Margaret Blume, and several children. Margaret Blume was born in Arron, Kreis Buren, Germany, on November 11, 1810. The Schultzes settled and lived for several years at West Point, Iowa. In 1848 this family moved to a farm six and a half miles northwest of Dyersville on the southwest quarter of section 10, Bremen Township. Being among the first to seek fortune and a home on the open prairie of Bremen Township, Mr. Schultz was long called the "Prairie" Schultz. After farming about twenty years Frank Schultz took up the business life and conducted a store which stood on lot 431, corner of East Main and North Willow Streets, the present site of the Turley Flats on East Main; he bought this property from Frederick Rohenkohl in 1869. Mr. Schultz had acquired some real estate in Dyersville as early as 1861. He bought hogs and cattle and later converted his store into the Schultz Hotel. The Schultz family lived above the store. Mr. Schultz also conducted a livery barn where many farmers put up their teams while attending church services on Sundays. Frank Schultz was a member of the first committee of trustees of St. Francis Parish and with the other trustees mortgaged his land to raise funds for the completion of the church of 1858. There were the following children: Henry, Catherine (Mrs. Henry Holscher), William, Herman, and John. Mr. and Mrs. Schultz died at their residence above the store, Mrs. Schultz passing away May 27, 1886, and Frank several years later.
RootsWeb.com is NOT responsible for the content of the GEDCOMs uploaded through the WorldConnect Program. The creator of each GEDCOM is solely responsible for its content.