Individual Page

Marriage: Children:
  1. Person Not Viewable

  2. Person Not Viewable

  3. Person Not Viewable

a. Note:   According to an online memorium by Margy Day, Cliff's "father passed away when he was 5 years old and he & his mother moved to Florida to be near other relatives. He went to school in Miami, Florida, where he studied music and played in jazz band. He left high school to play in a Jazz band in Singapore, where he lived for a year. On a boat from Singapore to England, he met his wife-to-be, Marge, with whom he corresponded for the next 2 years. During this time, he was in Paris, France, then returned to the US & enlisted in the Air Force during the Korean War. He was stationed in Panama and played in the Air Force Band. He proposed to Marge via correspondence and she agreed to venture out to Panama and the two were married in February 1953. They moved to Florida after leaving the service with their first-born daughter, Margaret Anne, who was 18 months old. In Florida, Cliff worked on his college degree while working and raising a family, which grew with the addition of their second daughter, Cathy, and son, Mark. After college graduation, he worked as a musician at many famous hotels & resorts around Miami with such big names in entertainment as Peggy Lee, Tony Bennett, Eartha Kitt, and Frank Sinatra. In 1964, Cliff moved his family to Las Vegas, to further his career in the year-round entertainment industry. He worked on several lounge acts, most frequently with The Mills Brothers. In the late 1970's, Cliff retired from the music business and began managing a Walden Books in Fashion Show Mall while Marge was working at Sunrise Hospital as a Medical Records Transcriber. In 1985, Marge passed away after a long battle with Lupus. Once he retired from the bookstore, he changed his focus to his life-long love of photography. During retirement, he attended several photography workshops at locations like Santa Fe, Lake Tahoe, and Moab, Utah. In 1997, Cliff suffered a heart attack and underwent bypass surgery. After his recovery, he took full advantage of this second chance and traveled to England and Minnesota to visit old friends and relatives as well as to Japan to attend his granddaughter's wedding. He reached out to friends with whom he'd lost touch and dedicated the majority of his time to his children and grandchildren. In May of this year, he held his first great-grandchild." is NOT responsible for the content of the GEDCOMs uploaded through the WorldConnect Program. The creator of each GEDCOM is solely responsible for its content.