Name: Hester (Esther) BRANDT
Given Name: Hester (Esther)
Birth: 18 Jun 1837 in Oh
Death: 24 Oct 1902 in Carroll County, in 1
Burial: Pyrmont Cemetery, Pyrmont, in 2
Reference Number: 11
Change Date: 2 Dec 2004 at 23:01:24
The Gospel Messenger 1902
SPIDLE, Sister Hester, died Oct. 24, 1902, aged 65 years, 4 months and 23 days. She was married to Henry Spidle in 1857. To this union eleven children were born, of whom two have preceded her. Nine remain with the husband and father to mourn. She was a constistent member of the Brethren church for many years. Services conducted by Isaac Billheimer. Interment in the Prymont cemetery. Anna E. Wagoner.
Hoosier Democrat, Nov. 1, 1902
Lists cause of death as cancer of the stomach
Hester Brandt Photo
Hester Brandt Tombstone Photo
Father: Johannes (John) BRANDT b: 23 Sep 1799 in Hummelstown, Dauphin County, Pa
Mother: Elizabeth GINSLER b: 8 Nov 1803 in Harrisburg, Pa
Henry SPIDEL b: 10 May 1833 in Somerset County, Pa
26 Mar 1857
in Darke County, Oh 3
- David SPIDEL b: 9 Jan 1858 in Darke County, Oh
- Noah SPIDEL b: 17 Jan 1859 in Pa
- Mary Ellen SPIDEL b: 24 Jun 1861 in Oh
- Benjamin SPIDEL b: 10 Oct 1863
- William SPIDEL b: 25 Feb 1865 in In
- Amanda SPIDEL b: 23 Sep 1867 in In
- Emma E. SPIDEL b: 23 Mar 1870 in In
- Ida Jane SPIDEL b: 27 Apr 1873 in In
- Clara Belle SPIDEL b: 28 Oct 1875 in Pettit, Tippecanoe, in
- Flora Louise SPIDEL b: 7 Feb 1879 in Tippecanoe, in
- Elmer SPIDEL b: 6 Oct 1881 in Tippecanoe, in
- Title: The Gospel Messenger
- Title: Tombstone Reading by R. James Spidle
Note: Tombstone reads:
Hester, wife of Henry Spidel Died Oct 24, 1902 Aged 65y 4m 23d 'God called her home He thought it best'
Red marble tombstone beside Henry Spidel on the east side of the cemetery.
- Title: Early Marriage Bonds Records in Darke County, OH by Ohio DARs
Author: Daughters of the American Revolution
Note: On microfilm (0317358) from the Latter-Day Saints (LDS) Library.
Spidel, Henry m. Esta Brundt Mar 26, 1857 by Wm. Hess, J.P.