Name: David Doty JACKSON
Given Name: David Doty
Birth: 8 Jan 1808 in Hempstead, Queens Co., New York
Death: 5 Sep 1876 in Hempstead, Queens Co., New York
Burial: Private cemetery East of the Park, Hempstead, L.I., New York
Note: Apparently this cemetery has been known by various names. In the reference made in the NYGBS 'The Record' it is referred to as Hempstead's Old Town Burying Ground, Rushmore Addition, Queens, NY. I found another reference made in Josephine Frost's book 'Cemetery Inscriptions from Hempstead, Long Island, New York' which just says 'private cemetery East of the Park."
1 2 3 4
Change Date: 22 Dec 2012 at 16:39:05|
Father: Samuel JACKSON b: 1782 in New York
Mother: Rachel DOTY b: 24 Sep 1781 in Hempstead, Queens Co., New York
Kaziah (twin) VERITY b: 11 May 1814 in Oyster Bay, New York
- Mary Elizabeth JACKSON b: 9 Aug 1833 in Belmore, Long Island, New York
- William S. JACKSON b: 2 Sep 1835
- Fanny JACKSON b: 6 Aug 1837
- Samuel JACKSON b: 18 Jan 1840 in Hempstead, Queens Co., New York
- John C. JACKSON b: 25 May 1842 in New York
- Abbie Jane JACKSON b: 28 Sep 1844
- Benjamin Samuel JACKSON b: 25 May 1848 in Long Island, New York
- Susan A. JACKSON b: 23 Dec 1850
- Andrew 'Lester' JACKSON b: 11 Nov 1856 in Hempstead, Queens Co., New York
- Title: Website of Clay Abrams
- Title: New York, Hempstead Cemetery Inscriptions
Author: Frost, Josephine C.
Private cemetery east of the Park.
Note: "David D. Jackson, died Sep. 5, 1876; age 69 yrs 8 mos."
Name: available online at http://books.google.com/
Title: Book: "Doty-Doten Family in America; Descendants of Edward Doty, An Emigrant by the Mayflower, 1620"
Author: Ethan Allen Doty
Publication: Brooklyn, N.Y., Published for the Author, 1897
Page: p 522, 549
- Title: New York Genealogical & Biographical Society "The Record"
Page: July 1924, pg 249
Note: "Inscriptions from Hempstead's Old Town Burying Ground, Rushmore Addition"