Name: Jacob OVER , Jr.
Jacob Over, Jr. lived in Cocalico Township, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.
Jacob Over, Jr. eventually settled in Letterkenny Township, Franklin County, Pennsylvania.
His wife was Elizabeth Stauffer, daughter of John Stauffer and Katrina Schenck. Some sources list her birth dates as August others say March.
1. Stauffer, Amos K. Stauffer. Genealogy, volume 1, p. 34. In the possession of the Lancaster Mennonite Historical Society.
2. Jean Woods correspondence.
On April 2, 1773, Jacob and Elizabeth Ober of Rapho Twp., Lancaster Co., Pa. granted land to Henry Ober of Rapho Twp. 150-153 acres of land in Rapho Twp. bounded by Rudy Beam, John Sherer, and Philip Baum for 1800 pounds. Released February 29, 1792. Recored May 15, 1773. Witnesses: John Philip Beck, P. Marseller. Land Deed P, p. 497. Lancaster County, Pennsylvania Court House.
Father: Jacob OVER , Sr. b: 1703 in Uebersheimer, Germany
Mother: Anna MARIA b: 1707
Elizabeth STAUFFER b: 9 Aug 1741 in Warwick Twp., Lancaster Co., Pa.
- John OVER
- Magdalena OVER
- Michael OVER
- Jacob OVER III b: 15 Aug 1761
- Christian OVER b: 29 Sep 1762
- David S. OVER b: 1774
- Henry Stauffer OVER b: 1781
- Elizabeth OVER b: 1804-1806 in Halifax Twp., Dauphin Co., Pa.