Name: Abner Wilson JOLLIFF
Birth: ABT 1791 in Fayette Co, Ky
Death: 21 MAR 1853 in Irvington, IL
Change Date: 18 SEP 2011
He might have not had a middle name.
He married 1st Oct 10, 1811, Barren Co, Ky to Rhoda Clark (d 1841; 11 ch).
In Sept & Oct 1812 he and Richard were privates in the Ky. Mounted Militia.
In 1817 he moved to Indiana with brother Elijah, following brother Richard. They settled in Dubois Co.
In 1824 they moved to Washington Co, Illinois with other Jolliffs.
from "History of Washington Co, IL" (p 62): "Irvington Precinct - The first settler was Mr. Scott and family, who located on section 16 in the year 1827. In 1828 came Richard and Abner Jolliff..."
He was Justice of the Peace (1831) & County Commissioner (1832). Abner was the only one of his father's sons to follow his father and become a Baptist minister (James was a Deacon).
He married 2nd Mar. 18, 1842 in Jefferson Co, IL1 to Keziah Scott.
He died Mar. 21, 1853 (7 days after his son James) at Irvington, IL.
Father: James JOLLIFF b: ABT 1753 in New Jersey
Mother: Elizabeth NORRIS b: ABT 1760 in prob Virginia
10 OCT 1811
in Barren Co, Ky
- Martha "Patsy" JOLLIFF b: 1812 in Barren Co, Ky
- Ruth JOLLIFF b: ABT 1814 in Barren Co, Ky
- James Norris JOLLIFF b: ABT 1816 in Barren Co, Ky
- Richard JOLLIFF b: ABT 1817 in Indiana
- Abner Jr. JOLLIFF b: 1819 in Indiana
- Zellah JOLLIFF b: ABT 1825 in Illinois
- Rhoda JOLLIFF b: 1825 in Illinois
- Elizabeth JOLLIFF b: ABT 1829 in Illinois
- Elijah JOLLIFF b: 1832 in Illinois
- Elisha S. W. JOLLIFF b: 26 JUL 1834 in Illinois
- Jane C. JOLLIFF b: 1837
18 MAR 1842
in Jefferson Co, IL
- Jacob JOLLIFF b: ABT 1849