Name: Sarah "Sally" Susan SPURLOCK
Birth: 4 NOV 1780 in Montgomery Co, Va
Death: 23 JUL 1858 in Rogersville, TN
Burial: Hounshell-Snapp cem, Rogersville, Hawkins Co, TN
Change Date: 17 MAR 2017
Floyd County, Ky. Court Record, June 1811: "Proof given that 12 years ago, John Spurlock gave his daughter Sarah, who married Nicholas Darter, a negro boy named Charles, who was 18 years old at the time and of yellow complexion." (This was probably about the time of her marriage.)
"Darter-Tarter-Daughters Families" says Sally was born 11/4/1780 in Montgomery Co, Va.
It also says that Sally & Nicholas both buried in Mt. Mitchell Methodist Cemetery north of Wytheville, Va. Nicholas Jr died in 1858 and Sally died 16 years later.
However, Sally?s tombstone has been found in the Hounshell-Snapp cemetery in Rogersville, Hawkins Co, TN with a death date of July 23, 1858. See her FAG page below.
*Find A Grave Memorial# 57485800
Father: John SPURLOCK b: 12 FEB 1760 in Montgomery Co, Va
Mother: Frances "Fanny" TURMAN b: 15 AUG 1760 in Lunenburg, Va.
Nicholas TARTER b: 16 JAN 1770 in Lincoln Co, NC
- Frances ?Fannie? TARTER b: 27 APR 1799 in Va
- Henry DARTER b: 28 AUG 1800 in Wythe Co, Va
- Michael TARTER b: 6 JUL 1802 in Va
- Andrew DARTER b: 21 APR 1804 in Va
- Susan DARTER b: 22 JAN 1805 in Va
- Nancy DARTER b: 12 DEC 1807 in Va
- John DARTER b: 14 APR 1810 in Va
- Ann DARTER b: 23 FEB 1812 in Va
- Robert TARTER b: 12 JUN 1814 in Wythe Co, Va
- Daniel DARTER b: 29 SEP 1816 in Wythe Co, Va
- Nicholas III DARTER b: 6 NOV 1818 in WYthe Co, Va
- Sarah ?Sally? TARTER b: 27 NOV 1820 in Virginia
- Polly DARTER b: 12 AUG 1822 in Va
- Elizabeth DARTER b: 17 NOV 1826 in Va
- Stephen DARTER b: 19 MAR 1830 in Va