Name: Daniel POND
Birth: ABT 1630 in Dedham, Norfolk Co, Mass
Death: 4 FEB 1698 in Dedham, Norfolk Co, Mass
Change Date: 19 AUG 2008
Or died 1697
His father came to Massachusetts in 1630 in the Winthrop fleet. He was not listed in the ship records so he must have been born after they arrived. [One source has him born in 1627 in Dedham, Ma. but this isn't possible]
[from "The Medway Biographies and Genealogies," [by E.O. Jameson (Millis, Mass. 1886) page 180]
"Daniel Pond settled in Dedham as early as 1652, where he died Feb. 4, 1698."
See also: ?A Genealogical Record of Daniel Pond and His Descendants? at
on March 30, 1652 he purchase 4 acres from Nathaniel Fisher. That is the first mention of him in the records.
In Nov 1653 (8,11,1653) he was received into full communion in the Dedham church and a son was baptized that same month. [We have to remember that at that time, March was the first month of the year.]
He was one of the Selectment of the town in 1660.
In 1661 the southern portion of Dedham was set off into a separate township called Wrentham, where Daniel acquired lot #15, Mar 22, 1662-3.
Then on Feb 12, 1662-3 he bought the estate of Ralph Wheelock with a house and barns.
In 1664 he had a grant of 12 acres ?on the mill-creek.?
In 1676-7 he acquired lot #25. He bought other lands in the area, though he probably never lived there. His olders sons settled there after his death.
He became a freeman in 1690.
A site on historic Norfolk (Mass) homes says -
The Cressy Memorial Pondville Chapel (built in 1909) is built on one of the oldest settled spots in Norfolk. Daniel Pond from Dedham took a portion of the grant to Dedham to found a colony near the lakes in Wrentham. His son, Ephriam and John Fales (their wives were sisters) built homes there. Dr. Cressy who built the chapel was married to Harriet L. Pond, daug of Gen. Lucas Pond who built the Pond Home in 1832. The chapel was built for the village of Pondville for Sunday services and for funeral services in conjunction with the Pondville Cemetery. (Harriet's brothers were Lewis & Virgil Pond.)
Father: Robert POND b: 1592 in Groton, Suffolk, England
Mother: Mary Margaret ? b: ABT 1596 in England
Abigail SHEPARD b: ABT 1631 in Dedham, Norfolk Co, Ma
- Abigail POND b: 5 SEP 1652 in Dedham, Norfolk Co, Mass
- Daniel POND b: 17 FEB 1653 in Dedham, Norfolk Co, Mass
- John POND b: 1656 in Dedham, Norfolk Co, Mass
- Ephriam POND b: 1656 in Dedham, MA
- Rachael POND b: 5 SEP 1658 in Dedham, Norfolk Co, Mass
- Hannah POND b: 27 JUL 1660 in Dedham, Norfolk Co, Mass
Ann EDWARDS b: 1640
18 SEP 1661
in Dedham, Worcester Co, MA
- Daniel POND b: 17 FEB 1663 in Dedham, Norfolk Co, Mass
- Robert POND b: 5 AUG 1667 in Dedham, Norfolk Co, Ma
- William POND b: 20 SEP 1669 in Dedham, Norfolk Co, Mass
- Caleb POND b: 13 DEC 1672
- Joshua POND b: 3 NOV 1674 in Dedham, Norfolk Co, Mass
- Jabez POND b: 6 MAR 1677 in Dedham, Worcester Co, Ma
- Sarah POND b: 10 MAY 1679 in Dedham, Norfolk Co, Mass