Name: Francois Caillot dit LACHANCE
Birth: 6 OCT 1768 in Kaskaskia, Illinois
Death: 20 SEP 1841 in Fredericktown, Mo.
Burial: St. Michael?s Church, Fredericktown, Mo
Change Date: 18 JUN 2012
signed his name in 1797 "F. Lachance"
In 1799 he moved with the rest of his family to began a settlement called St. Michael's (in 1814 renamed Fredericktown).
Francois made a land claim in the Missouri Territory, Jan., 1809, claim #140, on the Big Marsh, Ste. Genevieve.
In 1810 (Jan 6) Fs. Lachance, P. Chevallier & 360 inhabitants signed a petition requesting Congress to establish a state government in Missouri.
1830 he was in Madison Co, MO next to son, Francis Jr.
Buried Sept. 20, 1841, St. Michael's Church, Madison Co., Mo. (age 74).
Could sign his name.
These might not be all his children.
*Find A Grave Memorial# 48440835
Father: Nicholas Caillot dit LACHANCE b: ABT 1733 in Lorraine, France
Mother: Marie-Anne ?Marianne? GIARD b: 1741 in Kaskaskia, Illinois
Pelagie (dit LaRose) DEGUIRE b: 22 MAY 1781 in Ste. Genevieve, MO
- Francois Caillot dit LACHANCE b: 23 MAY 1800 in Missouri
- Michel Caillot dit LACHANCE b: 11 MAY 1802 in Ste. Genevieve, MO
- Antoine Caillot dit LACHANCE b: 12 OCT 1804 in Ste. Genevieve, MO
- Marie Louise CAILLOT b: 9 OCT 1805 in Ste. Genevieve, MO
- Marguerite LACHANCE
- Julie LACHANCE b: ABT 1815