Name: Lars G. NETTELAND
Birth: 17 JAN 1855 in VikÝrs prg., Hardanger, Norway
Death: 17 OCT 1923 in Rocksbury Township, Pennington County, Minnesota
Burial: 19 OCT 1923 St. Pauli Cemetery, Thief River Falls, Minnesota
Emigration: 1881 from Norway to America
Change Date: 22 JAN 2008
Minnesota Naturalization Records for Polk County has final papers filed between 1889 - 1891.
1900 Census: Rocksbury Township, Red Lake [now Pennington] County, MN: Lars (45), Anna (41), George (15), Caroline (13), Albert (11), Sarah Louisa (8), Anna Sophia (4), Emma (1)
1910 Census: Rocksbury Township, Pennington County, MN: L. G. (55, married at 26); Anna (51), Albert (21), Louise (18), Anna (14), Emma (12), Otto F. (7)
1920 Census: Rocksbury Township, Pennington County, MN: erroneously filed electronically under Lars G. Netheland, but clearly listed as Netteland: Lars (64), Anna (60), Louise (single, 28), Anna (widowed, 24), Emma (single, 21), Otto (17), and Loyal listed as grandson (3).
Pioneer Resident Dies at Farm Home Oct. 17 After Six-Day Illness:
October 18, 1923
Thief River Falls Times
Lars G. Netteland of Rocksbury township passed away at his home yesterday, October 17, cause of death being attributed to the infirmities of old age.
Mr. Netteland was born in Hardanger, Norway, January 17, 1855, and at the time of his death was 63 years and 9 months old. He came to this country 40 years ago and settled on a homestead south of this city in Rocksbury township. He was one of the first pioneers to come into this section of the state and saw the territory grow from uncultivated territory inhabited by Indians to the farming section it now is.
Mr. Netteland served for many years in various offices of the town board and was one of the county's best farmers. He enjoyed good health until last summer when he began to fail slightly. He worked quite regularly until Thursday when he was suddenly taken ill. Attending physicians could find no inactive organs or traces of disease. Death was attributed to old age.
To mourn his death he leaves his wife, a sister in Norway, and seven children, who are George, the eldest, of Verdi, Minn., Mrs. John Sundahl, of Montana, Albert of this city, Louise, Mrs. Anna Gryting, student at the University of Minnesota, Mrs. Leonard Sogaard of Minneapolis, and Otto at home.
The funeral services will be held from the St. Pauli church, near Hazel and interment will be made in the St. Pauli cemetery. Rev. C. M. Grimsrud of St. Hilaire will officiate at the obsequies.
Anna A. SKEIE b: 1 APR 1859 in VikÝrs prg., Hardanger, Norway
in Willmar, Minnesota
- Albert NETTELAND b: 13 NOV 1888 in Polk (now Pennington) County, Minnesota
- Sarah Louise NETTELAND b: 16 SEP 1891 in Polk (now Pennington) County, Minnesota c: 1 NOV 1891 in Hamar Lutheran Church, Red Lake County, Minnesota
- Anna Sofie NETTELAND b: 5 JUL 1895 in Red Lake (now Pennington) County, Minnesota c: 17 JUL 1895 in Hamar Lutheran Church, Red Lake County, Minnesota
- Emma Christiana NETTELAND b: 4 SEP 1898 in Red Lake (now Pennington) County, Minnesota c: 17 OCT 1898 in Hamar Lutheran Church, Red Lake County, Minnesota
- Otto Ferdinand NETTELAND b: 9 DEC 1902 in Red Lake (now Pennington) County, Minnesota c: 18 JAN 1903 in Hamar Lutheran Church, Red Lake County, Minnesota
- George Larsen NETTELAND b: 13 JUN 1884 in Polk (now Pennington) County, Minnesota
- Caroline NETTELAND b: 26 AUG 1885 in Polk (now Pennington) County, Minnesota