Before the Conquest WARTON, then assessed as four plough-lands, was one of the members of Earl Tostig's Preston lordship. After the creation of the barony of Penwortham it is found incorporated therewith, passing from Bussel to Lacy and the Earls and Dukes of Lancaster. By the Bussels it appears to have been granted to a younger member of the family to be held by the third part of a knight's fee, for about 1190 it had come into the possession of Quenilda daughter of Hugh son of Acard Bussel, who was married to Roger le Boteler, and had a number of children —Richard, Stephen, Thomas, Adam, Roger and Siegrith. The family were benefactors of the religious houses at Lytham and Cockersand, Quenilda's husband becoming a monk of the former, and the descents can be traced for some time, but the manor of Warton appears to have been alienated about 1220–40 to some of the Woodplumpton family, and thus in 1242 it was recorded that Thomas de Beetham held the third part of a knight's fee in Warton of the Earl of Lincoln's fee (of Penwortham).
Father: Humphrey CONYERS , of Sockburn & Girsby b: ABT 1215 in Sockburn, Darlington, Durham, England
Mother: Pernel b: ABT 1216
Marriage 1 Alan de SINGLETON & Broughton b: ABT 1226 in Little Singleton, Kirkham, Lancashire, England
Marriage 2 Thomas de CLIFTON b: ABT 1235