Name: Richard PRIDEAUX 1 2
ALIA: Richard de /Pridyas/
Birth: ABT 1153 in Prideaux Castle, Fowey, Cornwall, England
Death: AFT 1205 in Pridias Manor, Adeston, Devon, England
This is an excerpt from a post by Ivor West, who had a source which suggested a father for Emma:
16. Ivor West Oct 6 2002, 1:03 pm
From: "Ivor West"
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 21:05:55 +0100
Local: Sun, Oct 6 2002 1:05 pm
Subject: Re: Cardinan barony
The only candidate that I have seen put forward for Iseult de Suligny's husband is Richard Prideaux, proposed by Hylton in his History of Kilmersdon, but I don't recall that he named a source. The chronology suggests that he must be referring to Richard de Prideaux who witnessed a charter of Robert de Cardinham to Lostwithiel in 1186. Neither MacLean nor R. M. Prideaux' history of the Prideaux mention the connection.
NOTE: Even if Richard Prideaux is father of Emma by Iseult, it does not necessarily true that Iseult was also mother of Richard's son Richard. There is a fair (though not unreasonable) number of years difference between the birthdates of children Richard & Emma, so Richard could have been the son by an unknown 1st wife.
Father: Nicholas PRIDEAUX b: ABT 1130 in Prideaux Castle, Fowey, Cornwall, England
Unknown First WIFE b: ABT 1160
- Richard PRIDEAUX b: ABT 1185 in Pridias Manor, Adeston, Devon, England
Iseult (Isolda) de SOLIGNY , Heiress of Fawton b: ABT 1180 in Fawton Manor, St. Neot, Cornwall, England
in 2nd wife
- Emma PRIDEAUX b: ABT 1205 in Prideaux Castle, Fowey, Cornwall, England
- Title: Newsgroup: soc.genealogy.medieval, at groups - google.com
Page: Ivor West, 6 Oct 2002
Text: suggested father of Emma & husband of Iseult
- Title: Visitation of the County of Devon in the Year 1620, edited by Frederic Thomas Colby, 1872, https://archive.org