Name: Alan de BLENNERHASSET & Carlisle 1
Birth: ABT 1300 in Blennerhasset & Kirkland, Wigton, Cumberland, England
Death: AFT 1 MAY 1373 in Carlisle, Cumberland, England 1
D AY 2/12 At Carlisle 1 May 1373
These documents are held at Cumbria Record Office, Carlisle Headquarters
Marriage agreement in French between Alan of Blenerhayset and Juliana widow of Adam of Aglionby on behalf of their children, William, eldest son of Juliana and Marion daughter of Alan who are intending to marry within the year.
- Alan will give to Juliana a sum of money agreed between them to be paid on a day or place as agreed.
- Juliana will make an estate to John Bon, parson of Kirklevington, Sir John Masceon and Alan of Blenerhayset of half of the manor of Terryby which he inherited or would inherit from her father Matthew de Qwytfeld after his death, also all her lands and tenements in Bowerstede in the vill of Burgh by the Sandes, also all her lands, tenements, woods, meadows and appurtenances in Comqwyntyn and Botchergate without the gate also lands and tenements in Aglyonnby which she held jointly with her husband Alan by gift of Richard of Salkeld rendering to Juliana an annual rent of 100s. in equal portions at the feasts of St Martin in Winter and Pentecost.
- Juliana will hold the two burgages in the city of Kardoyll (Carlisle) which belonged to John of Thyrwall and Christiana his wife and Adam Barkar during the minority of William her son and if he refuses to make her an estate in the two burgages when he comes of age then she may recover the lands in Comqwyntyn and Bochergate outside the gate to hold during her life.
- If Thomas, Juliana's son, recovers an annual rent of 5 marks from any of the tenants of Adam of Aglionby or if any of the tenants are damaged by distress or plea brought by Thomas, then recompense shall be paid out of the annuity of 100s.
- If Marion dies without issue from her marriage with William then the estates are to revert to Juliana
Seal of William of Aglionby a figure of a man praying to the Virgin and Child in a niche, red wax 24 mm. (French).
Father: William de BLENNERHASSET b: ABT 1270 in Blennerhasset & Kirkland, Wigton, Cumberland, England
- John BLENNERHASSET , MP, Burgess of Carlisle b: ABT 1325 in Carlisle, Cumberland, England
- Title: A2A - Access to Archives (British Public Records Office), www.a2a.org.uk