Name: John FITZWILLIAM , of Emley & Sprotborough, Sir 1 2 3
Birth: 25 JUL 1377 in Sprotbrough, Doncaster, Yorkshire, England 3
Death: 5 JUL 1417 in Emley, Wakefield, Yorkshire, England 1 2 3
His [William FitzWilliam's] son, Sir John, died 5 July 1417; he is said to have married Eleanor, daughter of Sir Henry Green, of Drayton, Northants, a younger son of the Green's Norton family, and to have had six sons, John, Nicholas, Ralph, Robert, William, and a second John.
Of these the younger John is said to have been of Green's Norton, and the ancestor of the Milton FitzWilliams. [Complete Peerage V:518-520 Note]
Father: William FITZWILLIAM , Lord of Emley b: ABT 1350 in Sprotbrough, Doncaster, Yorkshire, England
Mother: Maud de CROMWELL b: ABT 1360 in Tattershall, Horncastle, Lincolnshire, England
Eleanor GREENE b: ABT 1383 in Drayton House, Lowick, Northamptonshire, England
- John FITZWILLIAM , of Sprotbrough & Plumtree b: ABT 1400 in Sprotbrough, Doncaster, Yorkshire, England
- John FITZWILLIAM , of Milton, Sir b: ABT 1415 in Sprotbrough, Doncaster, Yorkshire, England
- Title: Ancestral Roots of Certain American Colonists, 7th Edition, by Frederick Lewis Weis, additions by Walter Lee Shippard Jr., 1999
- Title: Complete Peerage of England Scotland Ireland Great Britain and the United Kingdom, by G. E Cokayne, Sutton Publishing Ltd, 2000
Page: V:519 Note
- Title: Magna Carta Ancestry, by Douglas Richardson, 2005, Genealogical Publishing Co.