Name: Alice CAMOYS 1 2
Birth: ABT 1404 in Usk, Monmouthshire, England
Death: AFT 1455 2
Alice, married Leonard Hastings of Kirby, who became heir to his brother Richard in 1437.
Douglas Richardson identifies Alice's mother as Elizabeth de Mortimer, Thomas' 2nd wife, with others debating the issue. Faris' The Plantagenet Ancestry also states "said to be daughter of her father's second marriage to Elizabeth Mortimer". There is still debate, because an equal number of other sources say the 1st wife was mother of Alice. So far no convincing, hard evidence has been found, one way or the other. I am going with the source in hand (Faris).
Father: Thomas 2nd Baron de CAMOYS , of Bekerton, KG b: BEF 1351 in Trotton, Sussex, England
Mother: Elizabeth de MORTIMER b: 12 FEB 1370/71 in Usk, Monmouthshire, Wales
Leonard HASTINGS , of Kirby, Sir b: ABT 1387 in Allerston, Pickering, Yorkshire North Riding, England
- Anne HASTINGS b: ABT 1430 in Kirby Muxloe, Blaby, Leicestershire, England
- Elizabeth HASTINGS b: ABT 1435 in Slingsby, Malton, Yorkshire North Riding, England
- Richard HASTINGS , Sir b: ABT 1438 in Kirby Muxloe, Blaby, Leicestershire, England
- Title: Newsgroup: soc.genealogy.medieval, at groups - google.com
Page: Douglas RIchardson, 14 Oct 2001
- Title: Plantagenet Ancestry of Seventeenth-Century Colonists, by David Faris, 2nd Edition 1999, NEHGS