Name: William (Oliver) CHAMPERNOUN , of Umberleigh 1 2
ALIA: Oliver de /Campo Arnulphi/
Birth: ABT 1203 in Umberleigh, Torrington, Devon, England 2
Death: BEF 21 AUG 1249 in High Bickington, Torrington, Devon, England 2
Following is a post from Ronny Bodine to soc.genealogy.medieval.
From: RBodine996 (rbodine996 AT aol.com)
Subject: THE EARLY CHAMPERNOUNS
5. WILLIAM de CHAMBERNOUN. Born c1203. In 1224, when he had come of age, he disputed the gift of his great-grandmother, Hawise de Redvers, of the manor of Fleet, claiming the manor had earlier been given to his father (Charters of the Redvers Family, p. 149). In April 1229 he was involved in a dispute with the Abbot of Tewkesbury (Cal. Patent Rolls, 1225-32, p. 288 and Curia Regis Rolls, 1227-1230, p. 514).
He married Eva, daughter of Rainald de Whitchurch, of Shrivenham, Berkshire. On 21 Aug 1249, Geoffrey de Grandi Monte was granted all land in Beseby, in the soke of Wautham, and with the dower of Eva de Chambernun there if she should die in this time (Cal. Patent Rolls, 1247-58, p. 46).
7. Joan de Champernon (Campo Arnulphi), m. Sir Ralph de Willington.
Father: Jordan de CHAMPERNOUN , of Umberleigh, Sir b: ABT 1157 in High Bickington, Torrington, Devon, England
Mother: Emma de SOLIGNY , Heiress of Umberleigh b: ABT 1178 in Umberleigh, Torrington, Devon, England
Eve de WHITCHURCH b: ABT 1205 in Shrivenham, Faringdon, Berkshire, England
- Joan CHAMPERNOUN , Heiress of Umberleigh b: ABT 1223 in Umberleigh, Torrington, Devon, England
- Title: Complete Peerage of England Scotland Ireland Great Britain and the United Kingdom, by G. E Cokayne, Sutton Publishing Ltd, 2000
- Title: Newsgroup: soc.genealogy.medieval, at groups - google.com
Page: Ronny Bodine, 18 Feb 1999