Name: Thomas FITZANTHONY , Lord of Decies & Desmond 1 2
Birth: ABT 1190 in Desmond, Kerry, Ireland
Death: BEF 26 APR 1227 in Decies, Waterford, Ireland (dspm) 2
THOMAS FITZ ANTHONY, Seneschal of Leinster, obtained from King John a grant of the custody of cos. Waterford and Desmond--except the city of Waterford--and of the castles of waterford and Dungarvan and the city of Cork, at a rent of 250 marks per year. Next day, 4 July, the custody of the lands and the heirs of Thomas fitz Morice were committed to him. He died before 26 April 1227, when the King gave to Richard de Burgh the custody of cos. Cork and Waterford and all the lands of Decies and Desmond (d), which the late King had given to thomas fitz Anthony at fee farm, and which Thomas had held at his death, together with the lands which Thomas had alienated therefrom, by sale, gift, or otherwise.
He left five daughters his coheirs:
(1) Helen, wife of Gerald de la Roche.
(2) Denise or Dionis, wife of William de Cantelou; she dsp.
(3) Isabel, wife of Geoffrey de Norragh (living 15 Aug 1247)
(4) Margery, wife of John fitz Thomas.
(5) Desiree (living 21 Nov 1237), wife of Stephen l'Arcedekne (living 14 Feb 1242/3).
[Complete Peerage IV:232-3, (transcribed by Dave Utzinger)]
(d) Decies, ie. "Deisi" or Deisi-Mumhan (Decies of Munster), so called to distinguish it from Decies of Meath; it comprised nearly all of the co. Waterford and the southern part of co. Tipperary. Desmond, ie. Des-Mumha (South Munster).
Honora O'Conner KELLY b: ABT 1195 in Ireland
- Margery FITZANTHONY , Heiress of Decies & Desmond b: ABT 1220 in Decies, Waterford, Ireland
- Title: Burke's Peerage & Baronetage, 106th Edition, Charles Mosley Editor-in-Chief, 1999
- Title: Complete Peerage of England Scotland Ireland Great Britain and the United Kingdom, by G. E Cokayne, Sutton Publishing Ltd, 2000