Name: TOLLE Ruben Hampton
Given Name: Ruben Hampton
Birth: 18 May 1772 in Loudoun Co?, VA
Death: 1842/1850 in Brown Co., IL
From Thoren Tolle Meyers http://members.tripod.com/ThorenTM/gen1.html
Change Date: 22 Nov 2005 at 00:00:00
In the 1810 census, he is in Mason Co., KY age 26-45 (1775-1784). Males 4 0 0 1 0 females 1 2 0 1 1. Next to him on the list is his father, Johnathan.
Reuben's name apppeared on the Harrison County, Virginia (now West Virginia) tax records for 1803-1809. That record also said he was gone from there by 1809.
Other records show that he was in Lewis County, Kentucky at least by 1806. Also in 1807, the tax books show that he owned 27 1/2 acres on Cabin Creek. In 1810 he was on both the census and the tax rolls for Lewis County. He hasn't been found on any 1820 census. His name is shown on an 1831 survey in Lewis County for his brother Jeremiah.
The 1830 census showed that he had moved to Brown County, Ohio.
He was called Hampton on an 1840 voter list of Greene Twp, Adams County, Ohio, but he had probably gone to Illinois by then, where on 8 Apr 1839 he bought 40 acres of land in Brown County, Illinois. Reuben was on the 1840 census of Brown County, Illinois, and on the 1842 tax list there.
Father: TOLLE Johnathan b: ABT 1735 in St Mary's County, MD
Mother: HAMPTON Margaret Wade b: 1748 in Prince William, VA
TARLETON Sarah b: 9 Sep 1777 in Maryland
15 Mar 1798
in Fauquier Co., VA
- TOLLE A female b: ABT 1800
- TOLLE Lovey H. b: 20 Jan 1800
- TOLLE Charles Wesley C. (C.W.C.) b: 29 Feb 1804
- TOLLE John S. b: ABT 1805
- TOLLE A male (poss Henson G.) b: BEF 1810
- TOLLE Ruben H. b: BEF 1810
- TOLLE Caleb Jarvis Taylor b: ABT 1815
- TOLLE George Henry b: 31 Mar 1817
28 Oct 1836
in Lewis Co., KY
- TOLLE Nancy Melissa b: 5 Nov 1837 in Mason Co., KY
- TOLLE James Thomas b: ABT 1844 in Brown Co., IL
- TOLLE Lerena b: ABT 1844 in Brown Co., IL
- TOLLE Anderson b: ABT 1849 in Brown Co., IL