Name: TOLLE Johnathan
Given Name: Johnathan
Birth: ABT 1735 in St Mary's County, MD
Death: 1811/1814 in Lewis Co., KY
From Thoren Tolle Meyers http://members.tripod.com/ThorenTM/gen1.html
Change Date: 20 Mar 2009 at 21:34:14
Loudoun County, Virginia list of tithables for the years 1767, 1769-1770, 1771-1774, 1781, & 1785.
He was on the personal tax list of Fauquier County, Virginia from 1788-1798, but not on the land tax roll.
Jonathan was an early settler on Miracle Run, in Harrison County, Virginia (now West Virginia). He may have had that land as early as 1777. He had it surveyed in 1786, and conveyed it to James McLain on 23 Feb 1787. Another parcel, consisting of 365 1/2 acres, was conveyed to Thomas Mount on the same date. His name appeared on the tax rolls of Harrison County for the years 1799-1802-1805.
Then he appeared on the tax rolls of Mason County, Kentucky for the years 1805 through 1810, and also in Lewis County, Kentucky for 1808 through 1810. In Feb 1811, he was exempted from payment of county levies, possibly because of his age which would have been about 76 years. The date of his death is not known, but it was probably between 1811-1814.
In the 1810 census, he is in Mason Co., KY - Males 0 0 1 0 1 Females 0 0 0 0 1 (age 45+ before 1775). Next on the list is Ruben Tolle.
Father: TOLLE Roger b: BEF Nov 1708 in St Mary's County, MD
Mother: Sarry (Sarah)
HAMPTON Margaret Wade b: 1748 in Prince William, VA
- TOLLE Susannah b: ABT 1768 in Loudoun Co?, VA
- TOLLE William b: ABT 1769 in Loudoun Co?, VA
- TOLLE Micajah b: ABT 1770 in Loudoun Co?, VA
- TOLLE Ruben Hampton b: 18 May 1772 in Loudoun Co?, VA
16 Feb 1773
in Loundoun Co., VA
- TOLLE Johnathan b: ABT 1779 in Loudoun Co?, VA
- TOLLE Jeremiah b: BEF 1782 in Loudoun Co?, VA
- TOLLE Jose (Joseph) b: 14 Oct 1784 in Fauquier Co., VA
- TOLLE Stephen b: ABT 1785 in Loudoun Co?, VA