Name: George STUBBLEFIELD
Probate: 7 OCT 1801 Frederick County, VA
Will: 9 FEB 1801 Frederick County, VA
Death: BEF 7 OCT 1801 in Frederick County, VA
(1) Brown, Margie G., Genealogical Abstracts, Revolutionary War Veterans: Scrip Act 1852, Westminster, MD: Heritage Books, 1997, pp. 267-269:
Colonel GEORGE STUBBLEFIELD and his first wife SUSANNAH (WINSLOW) STUBBLEFIELD, were living in Orange Co., Va. ca 1788. They were the parents of Ensign GEORGE STUBBLEFIELD, who died unmarried in 1783, during service in the Revolution. His eldest brother BENJAMIN STUBBLEFIELD inherited his bounty land, however when Benjamin died, unmarried, in 1791, in Frederick Co., Va., the land ascended back to his father, Colonel George Stubblefield.
Colonel George Stubblefield, lived In Berryville, Frederick Co., Va. ca 1800. He married twice. He had seven children by the first marriage, and three children by the second. He died testate 1801, after being thrown from his gig, enroute to the Fauquier County Courthouse. In his will, he bequeathed the bounty land to the children and grandchildren of his first marriage:
GEORGE STUBBLEFIELD m/1 SUSANNAH WINSLOW m/2 SALLY DAINGERFIELD
Issue: Col. George and Susannah (Winslow] Stubblefield
1. GEORGE STUBBLEFIELD d 1783 w/o issue Ensign Cont. Line
2. BENJAMIN STUBBLEFIELD d 1791 m wf d bef him w/o issue
3. BEVERLY WINSLOW STUBBLEFIELD b 1768 d 1802 Va, m 1794 in Georgia PRISCILLA BURROWS . . .
4. HENRY STUBBLEFIELD d 1827 m CATHERINE NOBLE, dau/o George Noble, Frederick Co., Va. . . .
5. ROBERT BEVERLY STUBBLEFIELD d 1817 in Va w/o issue . . .
6. PETER STUBBLEFIELD (liv Wilkes Co., Ga. 1822) d Tenn. . . .
7. SUSANNAH BEVERLY STUBBLEFIELD d ca 1830/36 Fayette or Scott Co., Ky. m/1 THOMAS HERNDON m/2 JAMES WOOD . . .
Issue: Col. George and Sally (Daingerfield) Stubblefield
8. JOHN LOWRY STUBBLEFIELD
9. WILLIAM TABB STUBBLEFIELD
10. MARTHA STUBBLEFIELD m/1 BUSHROD TAYLOR m/2 _____ CASTLEMAN
Col. GEORGE STUBBLEFIELD had a brother ROBERT STUBBLEFIELD d Aug 1815, Mason Co., Ky. In 1788 Robert was living in Orange Co., Va. . . .
Beverly Winslow Stubblefield son of George and Susanna Stubblefied was born 26 Feb 1768.
Priscilla Stubblefield daughter of James and Elizabeth Burrows was born 23 Nov 1771.
Beverly and Priscilla were married 3 Jul 1794 (in Georgia).
Susannah Beverly Stubblefield was born 5 May 1795.
George Stubblefield was born 24 Sep 1796.
Elizabeth Stubblefield was born 26 Nov 1797.
James Stubblefield was born 10 Feb 1799.
Nancy Stubblefield was born 9 Jan (page torn off).
Patsey Stubblefield was born ___ Jun 1802.
This memorandum was presented to the Court of Champaign Co., Ohio by PRISCILLA (BURROWS) STUBBLEFIELD THOMAS, the widow of Bevery W. Stubblefield. Priscilla Burrows had a brother Robert Burrows.
This is an enormous file with a vast amount of information.
Depositions: Susannah B. Lindsey; Thomas Lindsey; Alexander Stubblefield; Catherine S. [Swearingen?] Noble (grdau of George Noble of Frederick Co., Va.) Iiv Indianapolis, Ind. 1857.
(2 Bowers, Ruth and Short, Anita, Gateway to the West, Baltimore, MD: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc., 1989, Vol. 1, p. 196:
Champaign Co. [OH], Will Abstracts, 1827-1936:
STUBBLEFIELD, George of Frederick County, Virginia; dated 2-9-1801; recorded Frederick Co., Va. 10-7-1801; recorded Champaign County, Ohio 4-20-1832. Wife, Sally. Three children; John Jourg Stubblefield, William Tabb Stubblefield and Patsy wife of Bushrod Raylor received shares at time of testator's marriage to wife Sally. Mentions son-in-law, Thomas Hernden (or Hemden). Children: son, Beverly Wislow Stubblefield; son, Henry Stubblefield; daughter, Susannah Beverly Hernden (or Hemden). Mentions also Robert Beverly Stubblefield and Peter Stubblefield may be children, but if so testator is not specific. Daughter, Susannah Beverly Hernden (or Remden) to have all the "plate" testator possessed as he did not get by his present wife Sally. Executors: brother, Veverly Stubblefield and friend, Richard Baylor. Signed: George Stubblefield, Witnesses: W. M. Peck, Geo. Barnett, and Tarlton T. Webb. (104)
Father: George STUBBLEFIELD
Mother: Catherine BEVERLY
- Beverly Winslow STUBBLEFIELD b: 26 FEB 1768 in VA
- Robert Beverly STUBBLEFIELD
- Peter STUBBLEFIELD
- Susannah Beverly STUBBLEFIELD
- Henry STUBBLEFIELD
- George STUBBLEFIELD
- Benjamin STUBBLEFIELD
Sarah LOWRY b: 21 JUL 1745
- Martha Peyton STUBBLEFIELD b: 9 FEB 1784 in Spotsylvania County, VA
- William Tabb STUBBLEFIELD
- John Lowry STUBBLEFIELD