Name: Richard ROBINS
Given Name: Richard
Birth: ABT 1508/1509 in Long Buckby, Northhamptonshire, England
Burial: 22 Jun 1584 Long Buckby, Northamptonshire, England
_UID: 47918F6F9731D5118680EF90A100BA0B6F9B 1 2
Change Date: 28 Jan 2005 at 22:00:00|
Father: Thomas ROBINS b: ABT 1480 in Holdenby, Northamptonshire, England
Mother: Joan (Johane) b: ABT 1486
- Thomas ROBINS b: ABT 1535 in Northamptonshire, England
- Elizabeth ROBINS
- Alice ROBINS
- Jone ROBINS
- Isabel ROBINS
- Title: Will of Richard Robins in 1582
Publication: From Frederick Z. Saunders
In the Name of God Amen In the yeare of our Lorde god one thowsand fyve hundred fowrescore and twoe and the Twentieth daie of October I Richarde Robyns of Longbugby in the Countie of Northt yeoman being sicke in bodye and whole in mynde and of good and perfect memorie (god by thanked for yt) Doe institute and ordayne this my testament conteyning my last will in manner and fourme following.
First I bequeathe my soule unto Allmightie god whoe is my maker Lorde and Saviour, and my body to be buryed in the northe Ile within the parishe Churche of Longbubgy aforesaide:
Imprimis I gyve to the Mother Churche of Petersboroughe fowre pence
Item I gyve to be bestowed amongest the poore of this parishe Twentye shillings, to be distributed by the discresssion of my Executors.
Item I give to Richarde Robyns sonne to Thomas Robyns my Sonne fyve horsses and the best carte.
Item to the same Richarde I give sixe milche kyne.
Item to the same Richarde I give threescore sheepe, And also I give the same Richarde the best pott and the best panne, All the whiche to be delyvered at the daie of his marriage or at one and twentye yeares of his age:
Also I give to the same Richarde (after the death of my sonne Thomas Robyns) my occupying with all the Domeynes lying and being within the Towne and feildes of Longbugby aforesayde, As taxes tenements, orchards, gardens, closes, pastures and feedings with all other appurtenaunces thereunto belonging, for him and his heires for ever yf he have any yssue which are sonnes whiche are of the male kynde to inherit, yf not I will that the next of his kyndered or stocke which is the senior to remaine to him and his heires for ever, after the death of Richarde, yf they are of the male kynde, and so I will that yt shall remayne to kindred and the calling of the Robinces for ever:
And also I will that yf anye theise aforesayde they their heires executors or assingnes doe putt alwais or cause to be putt always by buying or selling, or any unlawfull meanes my partt or parcell of the saide premisses, Then I Will that yt shall remayne unto the next of that kyndred whiche is of the male kynde and name of the Robinces;
First I give to the same Richarde twoe of the best saltinge Troughes and the hole haveltember, and ploughe tymber, which is remayning uppon the saide grounde (after the deathe of my sonne Thomas his father.)
Item I give to William Robyns, sonne to my sonne Thomas Robyns one horsse and carte fowre beafe and threescore sheepe and one pott besyde his owne to be delivered at the daie of his mariage or at the age of one and twentye yeares.
Item I give to Edward Robyns sonne to my sonne Thomas Robyns three beafe and thirtye sheepe (besyde his owne) All the whiche to be delivered at the daie of his marriage, or also at the age of one and twentye yeares.
Item I give unto Thomas Robyns sonne to my sonne Thomas Robins one cowe and fourtye sheepe, to be delivered at the daie of his mariage or also at the age of one and twenty yeares.
Item I give unto Jone Robyns the daughter of my sonne Thomas Robins Tenne poundes of lawfull money and Twentye sheepe, All the whiche to be delyvered at the daye of her marriage, or else at the age of one and twentie yeares.
Item I give unto John Robyns sonne to my sonne Thomas Robyns Sixe poundes thirtene shilliges eight pence, one cowe and twenty sheepe, to be delyvered at the daye of his marriage, or else at the age of one and twentye yeares.
Also I will that yf any of theise childrenn aforesaide departe this worlde before they be married, I will that theire parte to be equally devided to them that are lyving: Also I will that yf any of theise childrenn aforesaide shalbee infected with any sicknes or other diseases
that they cannot be able to take the paines nor labour before theye be contracted or married, Then I will that they shalbe kepte uppon the grounde until suche tyme that they shall recover theire healthe againe.
Item I will that yf my daughter Elizabeth doe overlyve my sonne Thomas, that then she to rest uppon the grounde and to have her fynding and clothing so longe as she keepe her self unmarried And yf she doe marrye, to have no longer tyme on the premisses.
Item I give to everie one of William Wylles children whiche he had by my daughter Alice, three shillings fower pence a peece.
Item I give to the children of Henry Alman of Mares Ashby which he had by my daughter Jone Three shillings fower pence a peece.
Item I give to every one of my servannts fower pence.
Item to everye one of my godchildren fower pence.
Item I give to my daughter Alice Willes sixe shillings eight pence.
Item I give to my Daughter Creaton sixe shillings eight pence.
The rest of my goods not given nor bequeathed (my debtes and Legacies beinge paid, and my funerall dischared) I give to Thomas Robyns my sonne, whome I make my full executor to have my occupyinge so longe as he lyveth.
I give unto William Willes and John Creaton to be supervisors of this my last will and testament, and to have for their paines therein Three shillings fower pence a peece. John Woodworth scriptoreus John Andrewe Henry Collman
The will was probated on 4 Nov. 1584.
- Title: http://pweb.netcom.com/~fzsaund/robins.html
Author: Fredric Z. Saunders, Salt Lake City, UT
Publication: Fredric Z. Saunders 1234 Waterside Cove #21 Midvale, UT 84047-4293 Last revised: 6 Nov. 1999
Fredric Z. Saunders
Text: Notes and Sources from Frederic Z. Saunders
email@example.comFredric Z. Saunders 1234 Waterside Cove #21 Midvale, UT 84047-4293 Last revised: 6 Nov. 1999
1. Thomas Robyns will; Archdeaconry Court of Northampton Wills and Administrations 1st Series, D:397, FHL microfilm 0,187,576.
2. Joan Robyns will, Archdeaconry Court of Northampton Wills and Administrations 1st Series, E:170, FHL microfilm 0,018,577.
3. Estimate from ages of children.
4. Estimates based on both Richard and Joyse having 2 children in 1535 as given in #2.
5. Estimates based on: William was of age when his father wrote his will in #1, and was executor, so he is placed as the eldest. Thomas made no bequests to his 3 children that were apparently living on their own, probably having already received their shares at the time they left home and/or married (William, Richard and Joys). John, Joan, Henry, Thomas and Edward are placed in the order as named in their father's will, with ages from the assumed ages of Richard and Joys in #4. Those ages are consistent with Henry having a married daughter with 3 children in 1569, another dughter having 2 children, a son with 1 child, and 2 apparently single children, suggesting Thomas was married in the early 1540s. That Edward had only one child when his will was written in 1546 is consistent with his estimated age.
6. Church of England, Long Buckby, Northamptonshire, England parish register FHL microfiche 6,127,993, part 1. p. 1 Thomas Robbens & Elizabeth Pamer [illegible] 1563 p. 2 [illegible] and Isabell Robens xx[-?-]January 1568 [1568/9] p. 5 Henry son of Thomas Robens et ux buried vii Dec. 1584 p. 5 Richard Robbens bur. xxii June 1584 p. 15 Continne [Continue?] daughter of Richard Robbyns et ux bap. ii Apr. 1598 p. 16 Richard son of Richard Robbens et ux bap. x Dec. 1599 p. 19 Obedience son of Richard Robbens et ux bap. xxvi Apr. 1601 p. 20 John son of Richard Robbens et ux bap. xxv Sep. 1602 p. 25 Edward son of Richard Robens et ux bap. xxvi Aug. 1604 p. 29 Saray daughter of Richard Robbens bap sixth Sep. 1606 p. 30 Thomas Robbens bur. viii Aug. 1606 p. 32 Thomas son of Richard Robens et ux bap. iii Apr. 1608 p. 35 John, son of William Robens et ux baptized p.38 Dorithy daughter of Richard Robenns and wife Dorithy bap. xxiii Dec. 1610 p. 46 Alice Willes widdoe buried xvi April 1626 p. 51 Richard Robins Gent: bur. 19 May 1634. p. 54 Dorthe daughter of Richard Robins Gent. and wife Alice baptized
7. Henrye Robyns will, Archdeaconry Court of Northampton Wills and Administrations 1st Series, S:100, FHL microfilm 0,187,586. One of the overseers was his brother-in-law Robt. Butlyn.
8. Edward Robyns will, Archdeaconry Court of Northampton Wills and Administrations 1st Series, I:202, FHL microfilm 0,187,579. Several genealogists have incorrectly attributed this Edward to being born ca. 1460, and the father of Thomas rather than his son. That Edward named only one child, a son William who was under age 18, as well as children [unnamed] of his brother Hary [Henry], children of [unnamed] of Richard Robyns, and children [unnamed] of Thomas Hoggs [Hoggies], would show that he was the Edward son of Thomas who left bequests to nieces and nephews.
9. Richarde Robyns will, Prerogative Court of Canterbury wills, 35 Watson, (1584), FHL microfilm 0,091,966.
10. R. L. Greenall, The Parish Register of Long Buckby, Northamptonshire 1558-1689, (Leicester: University of Leicester, Department of Adult Education, 1971). May [illegible] 1566 William [illegible] and Ales Robbenson.
11. Thomas Robins, Robyn 1377 to Robins 1939 (New York City: Robins, 1939), FHL microfilm 0,599,461, item 3 and FHL microfilm 0,532,048, item 3.
12. Church of England, Fawsley, Northamptonshire, England parish register, p. 8 (left column), FHL microfiche 6,127,462, part 1.
13. Richard Robins will, Archdeaconry Court of Northampton Wills and Administrations 3rd Series, E:65, FHL microfilm 0,187,620.
14. Church of England, St. Sepulchre Church, Northampton, Northamptonshire, England parish register, upaginated, chronological, FHL microfiche 6,128,366, part 8.
15. Church of England, Watford, Northaptonshire, England parish register, p. 7 FHL microfiche 6,129,217, part 2. Thomas Aier, son of Johannis and Constantia Aier was baptized undecimo  Mar. 1631 [1631/2]
16. Richard Robins will, Archdeaconry Court of Northampton Wills and Administrations 1st Ser., EV:91, FHL microfilm 0,187,596 and also recorded 2nd Ser. G:163, FHL microfilm 0,187,602.
17. Virginia Land Patents
18. Northampton Co., VA Deeds and wills IX:79 [1657-1666 book ], FHL microfilm 0,032,738.
19. Diocese of Exeter Marriage License Index, Devonshire, England, 111, FHL microfilm 0,916,997, item 2. Edward Robins of London and Jane Cornish of Tiverton. [Originals destroyed in 1942. Published index only.]
20. Church of England St. Mary Magdalen Milk Street, London, England, parish registers, FHL microfilm 0,374,489. Baptimal register p. 11 Rachel bap. p. 11[a] Thomas bap. p. 12 Christian bap. p. 12 Elizabeth bap. Burial register p. 8[a] Thomas bur.
21. Church of England, St. Dunstan in the East, London, England, general parish register, FHL microfilm 0,396,188. Unpaginated, chronological.
22. British History Online, Inhabitants of London in 1638, St. Dunstans in the East. MS. p. 97.
23. "Minutes of the Council and General Court", The Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, 28 (Oct. 1920), 326, footnote 11.
24. Northampton Co., VA Deeds and Wills 3 [1645-1651]: 107, FHL microfilm 0,032,736.
25. Maryland Land Patents 5:585 [volume 7], FHL microfilm 0,013,065.
26. Richard Beard will, MD wills 2:142-146, FHL microfilm 0,012,841.
27. Virginia Land Patents 2:91
28. St. Peter's Parish Register, Church of England, Tiverton, England, read by Devon Record Office, Exeter, England.
29. William Puddington will, Prerogative Court of Canterbury wills, 350 Brent, (1653) FHL microfilm 0,092,915.
30. Northampton Co., VA Deeds and Wills 7 [1655-1657]: 67, FHL microfilm 0,032,742.
31. Maryland Land Patents ABH:40, FHL microfilm 0,013,064.
32. George Puddington will, MD wills 2:5-9, FHL microfilm 0,012,841.
33. Accamac [later Northampton] County Orders, Deeds and Wills 2 [1640-1645], FHL microfilm 0,032,736. p. 31[a] 50 pounds tobacco to be paid to Edward Robins in lawsuit p. 40[a] Thomas Joyner, attorney for Edward Robins to deliver account to Obedience Robins.
34. Thomas Palmer will, Prerogative Court of Canterbury Wills, 8 Tirwhite, (1581), FHL microfilm 0,091,962.