Name: Thomas ROBINS
Given Name: Thomas
Birth: ABT 1535 in Northamptonshire, England
Burial: 8 Aug 1606 Long Buckby, Northamptonshire, England
_UID: 43918F6F9731D5118680EF90A100BA0B6B5B 1
Change Date: 10 Feb 2002 at 22:00:00|
Father: Richard ROBINS b: ABT 1508/1509 in Long Buckby, Northhamptonshire, England
Elizabeth PALMER b: Abt 1545/466 in England
- Note: Church of England, Long Buckby, Northamptonshire, England parish register FHL microfiche 6,127,993, part 1. p. 1 Thomas Robbens & Elizabeth Pamer [illegible] 1563
- Richard ROBINS b: ABT 1566 in Long Bucky, Northamptonshire, England
- William ROBINS b: ABT 1569
- Edward ROBINS b: ABT 1572
- Thomas ROBINS b: ABT 1575
- Jone ROBINS b: ABT 1578
- John ROBINS b: ABT 1581
- Henry ROBINS b: ABT 1584
- Samuel ROBINS c: Jun 1587
- Title: http://pweb.netcom.com/~fzsaund/robins.html
Author: Fredric Z. Saunders, Salt Lake City, UT
Publication: Fredric Z. Saunders 1234 Waterside Cove #21 Midvale, UT 84047-4293 Last revised: 6 Nov. 1999
Fredric Z. Saunders
Text: Notes and Sources from Frederic Z. Saunders
firstname.lastname@example.orgFredric Z. Saunders 1234 Waterside Cove #21 Midvale, UT 84047-4293 Last revised: 6 Nov. 1999
1. Thomas Robyns will; Archdeaconry Court of Northampton Wills and Administrations 1st Series, D:397, FHL microfilm 0,187,576.
2. Joan Robyns will, Archdeaconry Court of Northampton Wills and Administrations 1st Series, E:170, FHL microfilm 0,018,577.
3. Estimate from ages of children.
4. Estimates based on both Richard and Joyse having 2 children in 1535 as given in #2.
5. Estimates based on: William was of age when his father wrote his will in #1, and was executor, so he is placed as the eldest. Thomas made no bequests to his 3 children that were apparently living on their own, probably having already received their shares at the time they left home and/or married (William, Richard and Joys). John, Joan, Henry, Thomas and Edward are placed in the order as named in their father's will, with ages from the assumed ages of Richard and Joys in #4. Those ages are consistent with Henry having a married daughter with 3 children in 1569, another dughter having 2 children, a son with 1 child, and 2 apparently single children, suggesting Thomas was married in the early 1540s. That Edward had only one child when his will was written in 1546 is consistent with his estimated age.
6. Church of England, Long Buckby, Northamptonshire, England parish register FHL microfiche 6,127,993, part 1. p. 1 Thomas Robbens & Elizabeth Pamer [illegible] 1563 p. 2 [illegible] and Isabell Robens xx[-?-]January 1568 [1568/9] p. 5 Henry son of Thomas Robens et ux buried vii Dec. 1584 p. 5 Richard Robbens bur. xxii June 1584 p. 15 Continne [Continue?] daughter of Richard Robbyns et ux bap. ii Apr. 1598 p. 16 Richard son of Richard Robbens et ux bap. x Dec. 1599 p. 19 Obedience son of Richard Robbens et ux bap. xxvi Apr. 1601 p. 20 John son of Richard Robbens et ux bap. xxv Sep. 1602 p. 25 Edward son of Richard Robens et ux bap. xxvi Aug. 1604 p. 29 Saray daughter of Richard Robbens bap sixth Sep. 1606 p. 30 Thomas Robbens bur. viii Aug. 1606 p. 32 Thomas son of Richard Robens et ux bap. iii Apr. 1608 p. 35 John, son of William Robens et ux baptized p.38 Dorithy daughter of Richard Robenns and wife Dorithy bap. xxiii Dec. 1610 p. 46 Alice Willes widdoe buried xvi April 1626 p. 51 Richard Robins Gent: bur. 19 May 1634. p. 54 Dorthe daughter of Richard Robins Gent. and wife Alice baptized
7. Henrye Robyns will, Archdeaconry Court of Northampton Wills and Administrations 1st Series, S:100, FHL microfilm 0,187,586. One of the overseers was his brother-in-law Robt. Butlyn.
8. Edward Robyns will, Archdeaconry Court of Northampton Wills and Administrations 1st Series, I:202, FHL microfilm 0,187,579. Several genealogists have incorrectly attributed this Edward to being born ca. 1460, and the father of Thomas rather than his son. That Edward named only one child, a son William who was under age 18, as well as children [unnamed] of his brother Hary [Henry], children of [unnamed] of Richard Robyns, and children [unnamed] of Thomas Hoggs [Hoggies], would show that he was the Edward son of Thomas who left bequests to nieces and nephews.
9. Richarde Robyns will, Prerogative Court of Canterbury wills, 35 Watson, (1584), FHL microfilm 0,091,966.
10. R. L. Greenall, The Parish Register of Long Buckby, Northamptonshire 1558-1689, (Leicester: University of Leicester, Department of Adult Education, 1971). May [illegible] 1566 William [illegible] and Ales Robbenson.
11. Thomas Robins, Robyn 1377 to Robins 1939 (New York City: Robins, 1939), FHL microfilm 0,599,461, item 3 and FHL microfilm 0,532,048, item 3.
12. Church of England, Fawsley, Northamptonshire, England parish register, p. 8 (left column), FHL microfiche 6,127,462, part 1.
13. Richard Robins will, Archdeaconry Court of Northampton Wills and Administrations 3rd Series, E:65, FHL microfilm 0,187,620.
14. Church of England, St. Sepulchre Church, Northampton, Northamptonshire, England parish register, upaginated, chronological, FHL microfiche 6,128,366, part 8.
15. Church of England, Watford, Northaptonshire, England parish register, p. 7 FHL microfiche 6,129,217, part 2. Thomas Aier, son of Johannis and Constantia Aier was baptized undecimo  Mar. 1631 [1631/2]
16. Richard Robins will, Archdeaconry Court of Northampton Wills and Administrations 1st Ser., EV:91, FHL microfilm 0,187,596 and also recorded 2nd Ser. G:163, FHL microfilm 0,187,602.
17. Virginia Land Patents
18. Northampton Co., VA Deeds and wills IX:79 [1657-1666 book ], FHL microfilm 0,032,738.
19. Diocese of Exeter Marriage License Index, Devonshire, England, 111, FHL microfilm 0,916,997, item 2. Edward Robins of London and Jane Cornish of Tiverton. [Originals destroyed in 1942. Published index only.]
20. Church of England St. Mary Magdalen Milk Street, London, England, parish registers, FHL microfilm 0,374,489. Baptimal register p. 11 Rachel bap. p. 11[a] Thomas bap. p. 12 Christian bap. p. 12 Elizabeth bap. Burial register p. 8[a] Thomas bur.
21. Church of England, St. Dunstan in the East, London, England, general parish register, FHL microfilm 0,396,188. Unpaginated, chronological.
22. British History Online, Inhabitants of London in 1638, St. Dunstans in the East. MS. p. 97.
23. "Minutes of the Council and General Court", The Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, 28 (Oct. 1920), 326, footnote 11.
24. Northampton Co., VA Deeds and Wills 3 [1645-1651]: 107, FHL microfilm 0,032,736.
25. Maryland Land Patents 5:585 [volume 7], FHL microfilm 0,013,065.
26. Richard Beard will, MD wills 2:142-146, FHL microfilm 0,012,841.
27. Virginia Land Patents 2:91
28. St. Peter's Parish Register, Church of England, Tiverton, England, read by Devon Record Office, Exeter, England.
29. William Puddington will, Prerogative Court of Canterbury wills, 350 Brent, (1653) FHL microfilm 0,092,915.
30. Northampton Co., VA Deeds and Wills 7 [1655-1657]: 67, FHL microfilm 0,032,742.
31. Maryland Land Patents ABH:40, FHL microfilm 0,013,064.
32. George Puddington will, MD wills 2:5-9, FHL microfilm 0,012,841.
33. Accamac [later Northampton] County Orders, Deeds and Wills 2 [1640-1645], FHL microfilm 0,032,736. p. 31[a] 50 pounds tobacco to be paid to Edward Robins in lawsuit p. 40[a] Thomas Joyner, attorney for Edward Robins to deliver account to Obedience Robins.
34. Thomas Palmer will, Prerogative Court of Canterbury Wills, 8 Tirwhite, (1581), FHL microfilm 0,091,962.