Name: James SMITH
Given Name: James
Birth: 1683 in Of Kent County, Maryland
Death: Mar 1750 in Kent County, Maryland
1. Represented Kent County in the House of Burgesses from 1719-1721 and was Clerk of the County for 52 years.
Change Date: 30 Apr 2006 at 09:46:22
2. Will dated 2 Feb 1760, codicil 5 Mar 1760 (Kent Co. Liber 4 folio 90)
Mentions grand-daughter Mary Sterling wife of Rev. James Sterling...son James Smith...son William Smith...my children Hannah Nicholson, sarah Ringgold, James Smith, Mary Wickes, Ann Murray, and William Smith...my daughter Hannah and her husband...my son in law William Murray, executor.
3. Edward C. Papenfuse, Alan F. Day, David W. Jordan, and Gregory A. Stiverson, A Biographical Dictionary of the Maryland Legislature, 1635-1789, The Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore and London, 1985
Sarah HYNSON b: ABT 1685
21 Jan 1705/1706
1. St. Paul's Parish records
2. Will of her brother Col. Nathaniel Hynson mentions her daughter Hannah as "my niece Hannah Smith".
- John SMITH b: 1706 c: 15 Oct 1706
- Hannah SMITH b: 14 Mar 1708 in Kent County, Maryland
- Sarah SMITH b: 23 Sep 1711
- James SMITH b: 2 Apr 1714
- Mary SMITH
- Ann SMITH b: 7 Dec 1720
- William SMITH
- Rebecca SMITH
- Title: Maryland Genealogies, Volume 2