Name: William Bond NICHOLSON
Given Name: William Bond
Birth: 1795 in Queen Anne's County, Maryland
1. Court records of 1818 indicate that William B. Nicholson did not reside in the state of Maryland in 1818.
Change Date: 11 Sep 2012 at 00:10:45
2. "Chancery case of Richard T. Earle versus William H. Nicholson, deceased of
Queen Anne's County. William H. Nicholson died intestate leaving the
following children: William B. Nicholson, Joseph Nicholson, John Nicholson,
Emmerson Nicholson, Elizabeth Nicholson, Anna Maria Nicholson and Mary
Nicholson, all minors except William B. and Elizabeth. William B. and
Joseph do not reside in this state." [Republican Star, December 23, 1817.]
3. From the information in note #2 above that Elizabeth and William B. Nicholson were adutls at the time of the newspapeer article in 1817, it is clear that they could not have been the children of William Hopper Nicholson's second wife whom he married in 1809. Therefore, they must have been the children of his first wife.
4. From Scott Sheads Scott_Sheads@nps.gov
William B. Nicholson (1795-18__), son of Major William Nicholson (1772-1815) received a midshipman's warrant on March 17, 1814 at Centreville and ordered to the U.S. Frigate Java, 44 guns at Baltimore. He accepted his position on August 16, 1814, a week after the ship had been launched at Fells Point in the view of her new commander, the Hero of Lake Erie, Commodore Oliver Hazard Perry. Thus the young Nicholson, the nephew of Captain (Judge) Joseph Hopper Nicholson (1770-1817) , commander of a militia U.S. Volunteer company at Fort McHenry, both witnessing the "bomb bursting in air" over Fort McHenry in September 1814.
5. Maryland Militia in the War of 1812 - Volume 1 (Eastern Shore Counties)
Queen Anne?s County - 38th Regiment
May 10 - 15 1813/Company number 4/"Stationed promiscuously between Centreville and Queens
Town"/Each member served 6 days/Henry Story, Capt; John Downs, Lt; William B. Nicholson...etc.
Father: William Hopper NICHOLSON b: 1772 in Queen Anne's County, Maryland
Mother: Susan (Susanna)