Name: Mary Griswold
Birth: 16 AUG 1656
Death: 1711 1
AHD lists Jonathan as marrying the Mary Griswold b. 26 Aug 1656, dau of Francis Griswold and Mary Tracy. If Francis's wife is Mary Tracy, and is the Mary that is Johnathan's older sister, this would mean he was marrying his own 16 year old niece, when he was 31 years old. AHD's data is often suspect.
Change Date: 5 Dec 2006 at 8:20:54
Another possibility is that Jonathan married the Mary Griswold born in 1650, dau of Micall and Ann (Adams?) Griswold. She would have been 22 years old and not blood kin, but means that Mary had her last child at 47, rather than 41.
We have no primary source yet for Mary Tracy being the name of Francis's wife, nor for any relationship between, Mary Tracy, if that WAS her name and the Mary who was Johnathan's sister.
It seems most likely that Francis Griswold was Mary Griswold Tracy's father, but to date I haven't seen a primary source that proves this.
Date: 28 May 2002
Father: Francis Griswold b: 1635 in Kenilworth, WAR
Jonathan Tracy b: 1646 in Saybrook, CT
11 JUL 1672
in Saybrook, CT
- Jonathan Tracy b: 21 FEB 1674 in Preston, CT
- Hannah Tracy b: 8 JUL 1677 in Preston, New London, CT
- Christopher Tracy b: 1 MAY 1680 in Preston, CT
- Mary Tracy b: 7 SEP 1682 in Preston, CT
- Miriam "Maryam" or "Maryan" Tracy b: 23 APR 1685 in Preston, CT
- David Tracy b: 24 SEP 1687 in Preston, CT
- Francis Tracy b: 1 APR 1690 in Preston, CT
- Sary Tracy b: 2 AUG 1692 in Preston, CT
- Samuel Tracy b: 6 JUN 1697 in Preston, CT
- Title: Ancient Houses of Norwich
Date: 28 Dec 2001