Name: John HATHAWAY
Birth: 1629 in Kingscote, Gloucester, England 1
Death: 1705 in probably Taunton, Bristol Co., Massachusetts
Lived in "The Farms", then part of Taunton, and now part of Berkley, MA. Ensign John served as Deputy to the Plymouth Colony General Court 1680-1684 and 1691, and to the General Court of MA in 1696-1697. He was constable in 1676 and 1691, a frequent juror, an attorney of record, and co-founder of the Chartley Iron Works of Norton.
-"Hathaways of America", PUB. 1970
"In 1680 he was elected a deputy to Plymouth General Court, & served for 5 successive years; & in 1681 he was chosen one of the 'selectmen to order town affairs,' in which capacity he served 4 years."
"In 1687 he was recorded as giving 10 acres of land in part payment for the support of the minister, Rev. Samuel Dansforth."
His home was in that part of Berkley known as "The Farms." The House was situated towards the North. The land 'abuts' the Great River. This is designated by an iron tablet erected there in 1889, by the Old Colony Historical Society."
"A Plaque is on the east side of the road at between 768 and 772 Berkeley St. just South of Swing St in the SW part of SW Berkeley, MA known as "The Farms". It reads "Homestead of John Hathaway 1658-1705". Erected there in 1889, by the Old Colony Historical Society.
The property there is owned by Joseph Hathaway of Dighton and his daughter Anne's house is just south of the plaque."
Father: Nicholas HATHAWAY b: ABT 1595 in Kingscote, Gloucestershire, England
Martha SHEPARD b: 1629 in Freetown, Bristol Co., Massachusetts
in Freetown, Bristol Co., Massachusetts
- John HATHAWAY , Jr. b: 16 AUG 1650 in Taunton, Bristol Co., Massachusetts
- Abraham HATHAWAY b: 11 SEP 1652 in Probably Taunton, Bristol Co., Massachusetts
- Isaac HATHAWAY b: 1655 in Freetown, Bristol Co., Massachusetts
- Ephraim HATHAWAY b: 8 DEC 1661 in Taunton, Bristol Co., Massachusetts
- Rebecca HATHAWAY b: 13 JAN 1663/64 in Freetown, Bristol Co., Massachusetts
- Abigail HATHAWAY b: 1667 in Freetown, Bristol Co., Massachusetts
Ruth DYER b: 1642
25 DEC 1692
in First Church, Braintree, Suffolk Co., Massachusetts 2
- Title: Hathaways of America, 1970 Edition, Compiled, Edited by Elizabeth Starr Versailles, A.B., A.M, C.G.
- Title: http://kinnexions.com/smlawson/hathaway.htm#NHathaway