Name: Lawrence Abraham FONDA Esq.
Given Name: Lawrence Abraham
Birth: 1741 in New York 1
Baptism: 10 JAN 1742 Dutch Reformed Church, Albany, Albany Co., NY 2
Death: 27 JUL 1813
Age: 72y in Claverack, NY 3
Burial: Dutch Reformed Church Cemetery, Claverack, Columbia Co., NY 1 2 3
Note: b. NY; bp. First Dutch Reformed Church, Albany, Albany Co., NY; 1790, 1800 & 1810 US Federal Census, Claverack, Columbia Co., NY; d. Claverack, NY; bur. Dutch Reformed Church Cemetery, Claverack, Columbia Co., NY; Abstract of Graves of Revolutionary Patriots, Vol.2; Quartermaster in Albany 8th Regiment, 1st Claverack Battalion; SAR Patriot Index Edition III; o. Attorney (name listed with Esq. in some church records); 8th Albany Co. Militia (1st Claverack Batt'n), QM; Lawrence Fonda, 09 Feb 1797 Compensation as assistant commissary in the Revolution, Congress: Rep. of Secretary Treasury; [NYG&B] Record 82:53; [R042] Fonda, A Family in the Hudson River Valley; [R002] Pearson's First Settlers of the Ancient County of Albany; [R038a] The Fonda Family; [Journal of the House of Representatives of the United States, 1793-1797 - Tuesday, January 31, 1797. Re: "An act to establish the Post Office and Post Roads within the United States." [...] Ordered, That the said petition, together with the petition of Lawrence Fonda, presented the sixteenth of March, one thousand seven hundred and ninety-two, and the report of the Secretary of the Treasury thereon, made the third of March, one thousand seven hundred and ninety-four, be referred to the Committee of Claims.]; SAR Graves Registry; [Interment Record for Lawrence Fonda - Name: Fonda, Lawrence; Born: 1741; Died or Buried: 1813; Buried: Claverack Cemetery; Section: WJ, lot 12; County/State: Columbia, NY; Notes: s.o. Abraham & Alberta Van Alen Fonda (RW p98)] >> www.fonda.org <<
Father: Abraham Janse FONDA b: 1707 in Albany, NY
Mother: Elbertje Muller VANALEN b: 1710 in Kinderhook, Columbia Co., NY
Catherine VANVALKENBURG b: 22 MAY 1743 in Linlithgo, Columbia Co., NY
14 DEC 1763
in Linlithgo Reformed Church, Livingston, Columbia Co., NY
- Note: m. Linlithgo Reformed Church, Livingston, Columbia Co., NY
- Elberti VanValk. FONDA b: 30 SEP 1764 in New York
- Christina FONDA b: 1766 in Poughkeepsie, Dutchess Co., NY
- Geertruy VanValk. FONDA b: 24 MAY 1769 in Poughkeepsie, Dutchess Co., NY
- Abraham Lawrence FONDA b: 29 OCT 1771 in Poughkeepsie, Dutchess Co., NY
- Maria VanValk. FONDA b: 1774 in New York
- Johanna VanValk. FONDA b: 09 JUL 1776 in Claverack, Columbia Co., NY
- John Lawrence FONDA b: 02 APR 1779 in Poughkeepsie, NY
- Matthias Lawrence FONDA b: 1780 in Poughkeepsie, Dutchess Co., NY
- Margaretha VanValk. FONDA b: 27 FEB 1782 in Poughkeepsie, Dutchess Co., NY
- Christina VanValk. FONDA b: 26 AUG 1784 in Poughkeepsie, Dutchess Co., NY
- Christina Catherine FONDA b: 10 JAN 1787 in Poughkeepsie, Dutchess Co., NY
- Title: Fonda, A Family in the Hudson River Valley
Publication: New York, NY
Publication Date: 1985
Edition: 19 pgs.
Author: Cadier, Richard D.
- Title: Contributions for the Genealogies of the First Settlers of the Ancient County of Albany from 1630 to 1800
Publication: Albany, NY
Publisher: J. Munsell Co.
Publication Date: 1872
Author: Pearson, Jonathan
- Title: The Fonda Family
Publication: Albany, NY
Publisher: The Dutch Settlers Society of Albany Yearbook
Publication Date: 1981
Edition: Vol. 48, p.17-20; Vol. 49, p.28-36
Author: McConville, Howard A.