Name: Stover, Josiah
Birth: 1662 in Cape Neddick, york Co., ME Quality: 0
Occupation: a Shipwright. Quality: 0
Will: Jun 1742 Bristol Co., MA Quality: 0
LIVD: Lived 17 Jul 1702 Bristol Co., MA
Note: Description: Book 4, pages 298-299. Sold lands in Tiverton to Joseph Wanton. George Stover, his brother, was a witness.
Religion: Mar 1721
Note: Description: as tithing man of year.
Death: 09 Apr 1743 in Tiverton, Newport Co., RI Quality: 0
12 April 1722 Josiah Stafford was named in a deed recorded. (BristolCo., MA and records, Northern Distr. Book 14, pp209-210.
12 June 1723 Tiverton Town meeting voted Thomas Jones, asSchoolmaster, to keep a school at Joshua Dwellys or Josiah Stover's.
7 Dec. 1714 Josiah Stover named in will of mother, Elizabeth Stover,Scituate, MA.
1709 Josiah Stover was of Tiverton, RI when he quit claimed to hisbrother ependance (Noyes et al, Gen. Dict. ME & NH Pg 667).
19 Apr 1705 Josiah Stafford's ear mark entered into Tiverton Townrecords.
12 Mar 1723/1724 Josiah Stafford constable.
11 Jan 1727/28 Josiah Stafford bought lands in Tiverton, RI from PeterTallman (Tiverton land records Vol. 3,pg 257).
Information for the Stafford family bible, as published in the DurfeeGenealogy, vol. 1, pg 293 supports that Josiah Stover and JosiahStafford are one and the same.
Father: STOVER Sylvester b: 1628 in Ispwich, Sufolk, England
Mother: NORTON Elizabeth b: 1631 in York, York Co., ME
Lake, Sarah b: 10 May 1678 in Tiverton, RI
in Tiverton, RI
- STAFFORD Sarah b: 14 Feb 1698 in Tiverton, RI
- Stafford, Joseph b: 1701 in Tiverton, RI
- Stafford, David b: 06 Feb 1705 in Tiverton, RI
- Stafford, Abraham b: 1711 in Tiverton, RI
- Stafford, Hannah b: 1713 in Tiverton, RI
- Stafford, Patience b: 1715 in Tiverton, RI
- Stafford, Priscilla b: 1717 in Tiverton, RI
- Stafford, Bethiah b: 1719 in Tiverton,RI
- Stafford, Bersheba b: 1722 in Tiverton, RI
- Stafford, Phebe b: 1725 in Tiverton, RI
- Stafford, Elizabeth b: 1727 in Tiverton, RI