Name: James WATTS
Given Name: James
Birth: in sometime around,1840/50's
MARRIAGE: He may have married Anne Wheatley Ball on 16 Mar 1869 at Sparbrook,
Warwick, England - family lore holds that he married an Anne in or near Swatham,
Norfolk - where he went to school.
BIOGRAPHY: batch # M104751 records the marriage of a James Watts to an Anne
Wheatley Ball at Sparbrook, Warwick, UK on 16 Mar 1869. All that is known at
this time is that our ancester James Watts did indeed marry an Anne.
BIOGRAPHY: It is rumoured that they eloped as Anne's parents disapproved of
James. He took her out to sea, and had the ship's captain marry them.
BIOGRAPHY: He had a ship, and would buy in grain at auction and ship it
overseas. At 52 he was building a granary when he died of appendicitis. He
owned a lot of rural property, which various cousins lived and worked on.
BIOGRAPHY: He had a stepdaughter from a previous marriage. She travelled to
Africa where she met and married a missionary. They had a son called Leo
(Mrs)_Anne Watts UNKNOWN b: in sometime around,1840/50's
in 16 Mar 1869?,Sparbrook,Warwick,England UK?
- Divorced: N
- Elsie WATTS b: in sometime around,1869-1880's
- Flo WATTS b: in sometime around,1869-1880's
- 1 Watts UNKNOWN_CHILD b: in sometime around,1869-1880's
- 2 Watts UNKNOWN_CHILD b: in sometime around,1869-1880's
- Cecil James WATTS b: 16 SEP 1880 in London,UK c: in London,UK
- Edie WATTS b: in sometime around,1869-1880's
- Sid WATTS b: in sometime around,1869-1880's
- Bertie WATTS b: in sometime around,1869-1880's